Located near the border of Botswana in the Limpopo province, the Makgabeng Plateau provides a perfect place for a wonderful country getaway. Makgabeng Farm Lodge, which is well known in the area, is one of the comfortable and beautiful guest lodges. It nestles against the Blouberg where ancient rock art was created by some of the first human beings in this area. This place is steeped in history that permeates the air here, and experiencing it in person is exhilarating!
6 Reasons to Choose Makgabeng Farm Lodge for Affordable Accommodation near Limpopo
Situated only about 40 minutes’ drive from Polokwane, Makgabeng Farm Lodge provides the perfect base from which to explore the rich nature and history of the area. It also provides a wonderful getaway spot where the stresses and strains of a busy life practically melt away. Surrounded by breathtaking natural scenes and spectacular sunsets, this lodge is truly one of the favourites with many guests who choose to regularly spend time here in this rich African landscape. There are many more reasons why our lodge is such a firm favourite – and these include:
- Conveniently located and can be easily reached from the city of Polokwane and also Gauteng. Nobody likes to drive too far for a weekend or a holiday break, and being within a comfortable driving distance helps to keep stress to a minimum!
- The area is steeped in history and there is so much to see and learn about here! From ancient rock art to age old boulders and mountains, it is a natural history enthusiast’s paradise.
- Our hospitality and service are outstanding, and we have been awarded many different accolades, including the Emerging Tourism Entrepreneur Award, and the Lilizela Tourism Award.
- We pride ourselves on our sustainable practices and were a finalist in the Imvelo Awards for Responsible Tourism. We go out of our way to promote responsible tourism and to promote social responsibility when it comes to our local communities. We have set up a non-profit trust and we continue to raise money for conservation of the local heritage sites. We also add economic value to our local communities by obtaining our produce and products from local providers, and by supporting small businesses in this area.
- We provide a variety of choices when it comes to accommodation, and guests can choose between thatched chalets, farmhouse suites and a plush executive suite. All our rooms are en suite, and provide DStv, a fridge, a coffee station and Wi-Fi. We structure our accommodation packages according to the needs of our guests, and our friendly and hospitable staff go the extra mile to make all our guests feel welcome and well taken care of at all times.
- We have a variety of tours that explore different facets of this historic area, and guests enjoy discovering the natural beauty and cultural diversity that surround us. Tours can be tailor made according to the needs of our guests, and our tours include meals, accommodation and activities.
If you are looking for affordable accommodation near Limpopo, you simply have to visit Makgabeng Farm Lodge! Give our friendly team a call today to make your booking.